Berger Magicote Oil Paint
A value-for-money gloss oil paint with good flow and levelling to beautify and protect wood and metal.
- Surface must dry, clean and free of contaminants
- Prime wood with Berger White Wood Primer
- Prime new metal with Berger metal primer
- Treat resinous knots in wood
- Sand previously painted surfaces
- Wipe clean with damp, lint-free cloth
- Fill surface defect with appropriate Berger filler
- Stir thoroughly before use
- Topcoat with brush, roller or spray
- For spray application thin by no more than 10% with Berger No.2 Reducer
- Apply 1 coat of Berger wood primer if desired
- Apply 1 - 2 coats of Berger Gloss Oil Paint
- Allow a minimum of 6 hours for primer to dry
- Recoating time 12 – 16 hours depending on drying rate
- For improved obliteration when using dark colours
- Coverage approx.11m² per litre, depending on surface porosity and texture
Tips: For best colour consistency, purchase the amount of paint needed at one time, preferably from the same source. Store colour name and reference number.
Tools you will need
On well-prepared surfaces, as per the painting system recommended. Please refer to the Product Data Sheet for surface preparation and method of application.
** Actual coverage may vary from the quoted coverage due to factors such as method and condition of application, surface roughness, and porosity.
Anti-Fungal and Anti-Algal Properties
Prevents mould and algae from forming on the surface
For interior and exterior metal and wood
Versatile for use on both, especially wood and metal by the seaside
For wood, metal and mouldings
Versatile in application to different surfaces and surface conditions
Available in white and accent base
Greater shade choice creating hundreds of possible colour combinations
Smooth glossy finish
Works for both wood and metal
Make Your Plan
Let us design a project plan to suit your needs.