Research and technology
The Berger approach to work and innovation.
RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
Research and development have been the buzz words at Berger, ever since Lewis Berger perfected the art of commercializing Prussian blue more than 250 years ago. This cutting-edge technology at that time projected Berger into the global limelight; a light which today shines in the dedication and commitment of the Berger Caribbean Technology Team, who has taken the company’s long treasured slogan “For lasting beauty and protection” as its mantra. An experienced, competent, solutions-oriented and hands-on team, whose technical knowledge and collaborative approach remains dedicated to product development and continuous improvement. The Berger Caribbean Technology Team’s task isn't just about making paint, but more importantly about protecting the legacy started by the company’s founder of delivering superior quality and cutting edge products to consumers across Central & South America and the wider Caribbean; products developed in the Caribbean, especially for the Caribbean.
Our Vision of Innovation
Berger Paints’ vision is to be a world-class Research & Technology led organisation. Driven by innovation, Berger Paints is agile and responsive to changing customer and market needs, as well as evolving technology. Through R & T, we will align ourselves with future customer needs and drive expansion. Continuous R & T will enable us to grow bigger in size and better in quality.
The values that guide us on our journey are:
Our Occupational Safety and Health Policy
- We shall perform our work activities in a safe manner while aiming for zero incidents.
- We shall evaluate every new work activity for its hazards and it will be subjected to occupational risk assessment and risk levels will be identified.
- Our laboratories shall provide the infrastructure and environment conducive to development work that needs to be carried out in a safe manner, free of health risks.
- We will provide arrangements that are adequate for employees' welfare at work.
- We understand the importance of the health and safety of each and every employee, including contract employees and visitors, and we shall treat it as the most important priority, implementing measures to ensure zero injury incidents.
- We shall ensure the applicable legal and statutory requirements from external agencies and other requirements are studied, understood and communicated to employees for implementation and compliance.
- We shall review and implement work practices that will accomplish continuous improvements in occupational health and safety.
- We shall ensure that every employee of the technology team will be trained to comprehend the safety policy and OH&S obligations. We will also keep ourselves updated on any changes to Occupational Health and Safety procedures, requirements etc.
- We shall constitute and implement the appropriate communication system to contract workmen, and visitors to the extent that it is necessary for them to understand and comply with the safety requirements.
- We shall review our policy and continually improve it to achieve our goal of a safe and healthy workplace.
Choose from over 1800 original hues.
Make My Plan
Let us design a project plan
to suit your needs.