Berger Luxatex Salt Inhibitive Primer
A salt-blocking primer for concrete, cement and wood that provides an effective barrier coating against the elements.
- Surface must be thoroughly clean and dry before painting
- Surface should be clean and free from dust, damp, grease, and contaminants
- Remove salt deposit
- Very strong alkaline surfaces may require two (2) coats
- Pressure-wash where possible
- Treat any fungi and algae before applying Berger Luxatex
- Luxatex Salt Inhibitive Primer may be applied by brush, roller or spray
- Can be top coated with Berger premium oil or water-based acrylic coating
- Coverage is approximately 5 - 6 m² per litre, but may vary depending on porosity of surface
- Touch dry – 1/2 hour
- Recoat time – 12 hours
- Thin if necessary with Berger No. 4 Reducer
- Wash Equipment after use with Berger No. 4 Reducer
- Luxatex Salt Inhibitive Primer dries to a smooth white finish
Tips: Follow label directions for recoating times. It is always better to have two thin coats than one thick hard-to-dry coat of paint.
Tools you will need
5-6 m2/ ltr**
On well-prepared surfaces, as per the painting system recommended. Please refer to the Product Data Sheet for surface preparation and method of application.
** Actual coverage may vary from the quoted coverage due to factors such as method and condition of application, surface roughness, and porosity.
we also recommend
Excellent sealing & salt-blocking performance
Prevents the interaction of alkali salts with topcoats
So surface could be top coated soon after priming
Perfect for priming "green" or uncured concrete
New or renewed projects can be completed more quickly
Can be top-coated in oil or water-based paint
Makes available a wider choice in topcoats for wood and wall
Outstanding resistance to water
Greater protection in environments exposed to salt spray
Make Your Plan
Let us design a project plan to suit your needs.