WOODTECH Heavy Duty Clear Varnish
Protecting and maintaining the natural beauty of wood inside and out.
- Surface must be free of contaminants such as grease, oil, wax or mould
- Clean contaminated surfaces with lacquer thinner, or other appropriate solvent
- Wipe clean before the solvent dries
- Clean surfaces before sanding to avoid sanding contaminant into the surface
- Sand with 80-grit paper
- Apply three coats of WOODTECH Heavy Duty Clear.
- A second or third coat can be applied while the previous coat is still slightly tacky
- Allow the last coat to cure thoroughly
- At room temperature, the coating will be sandable in 24 hours
- Wet sand the epoxy with 120-grit paper. Use finer grits with thinner finish coatings
- Apply two or three coats of varnish following the manufacturer's recommendations
Sand with 120 grit-150-grit as it provides a good tooth for varnish adhesion, and coats of varnish easily fill scratches.
Tools you will need
On well-prepared surfaces, as per the painting system recommended. Please refer to the Product Data Sheet for surface preparation and method of application.
** Actual coverage may vary from the quoted coverage due to factors such as method and condition of application, surface roughness, and porosity.
we also recommend
Excellent long term durability
Cures to a hard film with good adhesion and abrasion resistance
High resistance to frequent washing
Suitable for surfaces that require frequent cleaning with solvents
Clear, flexible, tough and durable coating
Dramatically reduces maintenance of surface over time
Builds thickness faster per layer and doesn’t shrink when it cures
Excellent adhesion on correctly prepared substrate
Good adhesion is required for a longer protection of the surface
Make Your Plan
Let us design a project plan to suit your needs.