WOODTECH Marine Spar Varnish
Protecting and maintaining the natural beauty of wood inside and out.
- Clean surface, removing all dirt, dust & grease
- Matte surface for better adhesion
- Sand new or stained wood lightly to a smooth finish
- If staining, allow to dry 24 hours before varnishing
- Remove old varnish in poor condition with sandpaper
- Clean and matte the gloss of varnish in good condition
- Stir well before and occasionally during use
- Before applying check effect by testing on an extra piece of the same wood
- Apply a uniform, thin coat using high quality, clean polyester or natural bristle brush
- Brush in even strokes in the direction of the wood grain
- Use care on vertical surfaces to avoid runs
- Allow to dry 24 hrs and sand lightly
- Remove all sanding dust before applying 2nd coat
- For best results, apply at least 2-4 coats
Tips: Avoid application in direct sunlight or when rain is threatening or late in the day when dew may affect drying time.
Tools you will need
On well-prepared surfaces, as per the painting system recommended. Please refer to the Product Data Sheet for surface preparation and method of application.
** Actual coverage may vary from the quoted coverage due to factors such as method and condition of application, surface roughness, and porosity.
Anti-Fungal and Anti-Algal Properties
Prevents mould and algae from forming on the surface
For interior and exterior use
Versatile inside and out
Expands and contracts with changing weather conditions
Formulated especially for the marine environment
Tough, durable, long-lasting coating
Scratch and abrasion resistant
UV, salt and mildew resistance
Provides good protection against marine conditions
Easy to apply single component varnish
Use directly from can, no mixing required
Make Your Plan
Let us design a project plan to suit your needs.