Berger Roof Shield Bonding Primer
Berger Roof Shield Bonding Primer is a clear transparent, elastomeric acrylic, waterproofing adhesive, bonding primer/sealer.
- Clean exterior surfaces to remove any previous coatings, dirt, grease, and other foreign materials
- Remove loose paint and powdery substances
- Patch any holes, cracks, seams, imperfections with Berger Premium Acrylic Caulk or All Purpose Sealant
- For metal surfaces remove all foreign matter before priming
- Rusted and uncoated metal must be primed with Berger Red Oxide Primer
- Use a degreaser on galvanized or coated metals which have oils or surface treatments
- Stir well before using
- Do not apply when humidity is very high or when coating will be subjected to rain or heavy dew
- Apply using brush, roller or spray
- Spread primer uniformly. Spread Rate will vary depending on substrate
- Apply a coat between 10 to 16 mils wet film thickness
- Wait at least 4 hours before applying a compatible paint or coating
- For airless sprayer application use at least a 1 gallon per minute piston type airless sprayer with a minimum tip size of .021
- Remove all line filters and gun filters before spraying
Tips: No thinning required.
Tools you will need
On well-prepared surfaces, as per the painting system recommended. Please refer to the Product Data Sheet for surface preparation and method of application.
** Actual coverage may vary from the quoted coverage due to factors such as method and condition of application, surface roughness, and porosity.
High resin content formula
Contains no fillers or pigments
Excellent penetrating characteristics
Permeates substrate to provide a permanent bond to the finish coat
Forms a tight bond to the surface and finish coat
Can be used under most latex-based paints or coatings
Elastomeric, acrylic, waterproofing
Prevents cracking, efflorescence, spalling and segregation
Make Your Plan
Let us design a project plan to suit your needs.